Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Write a review
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 8 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef, turkey, or a vegan substitute
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder or for a different taste I sometimes use Cumin
- 1 can (28 ounces) tomato puree
- or you can use 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce or your own sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
- Place squash, cut side down, in a baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Meanwhile, brown beef, turkey or vegan substitute in a large skillet; drain. Add onion, green pepper, herbs and seasonings; saute until onion is transparent. Stir in tomato puree. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Scoop out the squash, separating the strands with a fork. Serve sauce over spaghetti squash at top with Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy Well Being http://enjoywellbeing.ca/
626 total views, 0 views today