Planning lunches for the year are very difficult. I personally think it’s the hardest job as a parent. You don’t want to send them with sandwiches all the time, so I try to be creative.
Halloween is my favourite time of the year! This is a time that I can go crazy and have some fun.
In her lunch today, I have:
- Cherry Tomatoes on top of green Kale with worms. I took an edible pen and I made circles on the tomato’s to make them look like the worms were coming from the tomatoes.
- Ghosts are made with mozzarella string cheese and cut them into different lengths. Then I drew eyes at the top and frayed the bottoms.
- I cut the cucumber into stars but you can do any shape and added a plastic mouse.
- Orange spider – I first drew eyes on the orange and the pulled from the bottom to make it look like legs.
- Hot dog Mummys – to make these I took refrigerated crescent roll dough and cut them into strings. Then I wrapped the hotdogs all the way around leaving a hole for the eyes. With the edible pen, I drew two eyes on each hot dog and put them in the oven and baked them until they were golden brown.
Under the spider orange and hot dog mummies, I put blue and yellow corn chips and added a plastic spider.
I bought all the plastic and foam items at the buck store.
What did your kids think of this lunch?
531 total views, 1 views today