Chicken Pot Pie
Write a review
- 1 box Phyllo Pastry
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or oil
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme
- 3 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/3 cups cubed potato
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/3 of a cup water
- 2 cups of diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take out the Phyllo Pastry from the freezer to unthaw.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- In a large pot or Dutch Oven melt 2 teaspoons butter/oil over medium high heat. Add carrot, onion and thyme and cook for 8 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add to broth and potato and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix flour and 1/3 cup water and whisk until smooth. Slowly pour the flour mixture into the boiling mixture, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes until it thickens.
- Stir in chicken, peas, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon chicken mixture into an 11x7 inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Follow the directions on the box of phyllo pastry box and add five or six layers to make a crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until the chicken pie is bubbly and the phyllo pastry is nicely browned.
Enjoy Well Being http://enjoywellbeing.ca/
1,035 total views, 2 views today