Buttery Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese & Chives
I want to share with you my recipe for biscuits and this one is my favorites they are delightful for breakfast, or with a bowl of soup for lunch.
Write a review
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. of milk (add 1½ tablespoons lemon juice to milk & let stand )
- Sift together
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 c Butter cubed into small pieces.
- ¾ c grated old cheddar cheese or a cheese you like
- 3 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium size bowl sift together all of the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter cut the butter into small pieces until flour and butter pieces are blended into the flour add grated cheese and chopped chives.
- Now slowly add your milk/lemon to the dry mixture using a fork until it forms a ball. Knead 7 to 14 times on a floured surface. The dough may be a little sticky.
- Lightly roll the dough out on a floured surface ¾ inches thick & cut the dough in rounds with a biscuit cutter or a glass or even a jar.
- (* hint if you dust the cutter with flour the dough will release easier and will not stick to the cutter you may have to dust it every third cut*) .
- Place rounds on a baking sheet
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes depending on your oven, and how golden brown you like them I usually take a quick peek at the at 7 minute mark.
- You can make a cream cheese spread and add chives for an extra punch.. My favorite is a fried egg biscuit with ham and tomato.
- By Leanne Adele
Enjoy Well Being http://enjoywellbeing.ca/
710 total views, 1 views today