Asian Lettuce Wraps
Delicious Asian lettuce wraps are a great idea for a family style meal or entertaining.
Write a review
- 16 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger or to taste
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 dash Asian chile pepper sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons Asian (dark) sesame oil
- Rinse whole lettuce leaves and pat dry, being careful not tear them. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground chicken and cooking oil in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease; transfer ground chicken to a bowl.
- Cook and stir onion in the same skillet used for ground chicken until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and chile pepper sauce into onions.
- Add green onions, cilantro, sesame oil, and cooked ground chicken; cook and stir until the onions and cilantro just begin to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce leaves around the outer edge of a large serving platter and pile meat mixture in the center.
Enjoy Well Being http://enjoywellbeing.ca/
2,151 total views, 1 views today